For our first challenge of the new year, we're doing away with the kiddie gloves and strapping on our yellow and black jumpsuit to bring you the "Design a Fighter" challenge!
1) Design a character for a fighting game! Show concepts and WIPs! It can be in-game low-poly OR high-res cinematic quality.
2) The more you are able to do, the better your chances! Texturing, rigging, animation, etc are not required, but will add to your chances!
3) BONUS! Extra consideration given to those who accomplish this second (optional) part of the challenge! Once your character is modeled and textured, create a special move for him/her/it! First, create a storyboard of the motion you have planned. Then, animate it! Remember, you've got TWO months! Plenty of time for those dedicated to do so!
4) Name your posts thusly:
Jan/Feb - Your Name - Norm or Noob
If, over the course of the challenge, it is determined that you are performing at an OBVIOUS opposite to your chosen class, you will be asked to reverse it. This hasn't happend often, and usually only to those who enter Noob category and are decided to be good enough for Norm.
5) Toward the end of the challenge period, Final Entry posts will be made for you to officially submit your entry for consideration.
1) We can't seem to give this thing away! C'mon, let's do it! Once again, the grand prize to be chosen between the final Normal entries between Simply Maya AND Simply Lightwave: