Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 28-07-2007 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
here is a quick shot of the wire I would really like some input on that more than anything! First complete model so I could use some pointers! Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

CDV
# 17 10-08-2007 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber

Still working on it!

I'm still working on it i've mirrored it and merged the two halves together. I also played around a little on how to make the fins i want them to me a litte bit transparent so i was playing around with Transparency Maps and Geometry to see what stuff looked like! I think i've made some decisions on how to approach it! My internet at home is messed up so it will be till next week before i post anymore pics of the progress but hopefully i will get some time to work on it this weekend!

CDV
# 18 10-08-2007 , 04:42 PM
Looks cool, but the mesh is a mess... you dont really need all those lines going all the way through to the tail fen. Keep the mesh simple and only add polygons where it's needed to hold the shape. Otherwise you'll have problems tweaking, since you'll get unwanted lumpiness. Take a look at some other meshes how they concentrate the polygon density on important areas.

Keep up the good work!

# 19 11-08-2007 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
Looks cool atm, keep going user added image

only crit is that, some areas could be abit smoother plus as for what DJblazer said ... i reckon you should clean up abit of that unwanted lines at the back tail fin and also top nose...