Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 29-04-2003 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
If I could add in my 2cents user added image . If I had a chance to go back to school, I would look into

Academy of Arts College in San Francisco - Many studios around this college. I hear of many seminars where professionals come and share their work, many of the instructors are also working in the field as well. I think all this increases your chances to get into the industry.

Ringling School of Arts - Seems like every other week there's a new demo reel up at the cgtalk.com forums from a Ringling student. And the work that I've seen coming out from there is simply amazing. I would go to this school if I were on the east coast.

Gnomon Inc. - Another school with a great location with emphasis on learning Maya and traditional arts. I'm sure you are aware of gnomon, www.gnomon3d.com They're located in the heart of Hollywood. Another advantage of getting into the industry, especially the film industry.

I wanted to go to Cal Arts. Basically the place to go for animation, tradtional animation mainly. $10,000 per semester is a hefty tuition though.

Those would be my picks, some notable mentions:
USC
UCLA
Vancuvor film school

Hope this helps user added image

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 17 29-04-2003 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
I went to a school guys, its called simplymaya.. wonderful place user added image. You can visit it at simplymaya.com. Not expensive either user added image. But yea, a degree to me seems like a key, it opens doors.. but then you have to step through.. and you can only step through if you know how to walk.. if that makes any sence. So a degree will let people recognise you more, but if you dont have the talent or put the time into it.. its just not going to happen.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 04-05-2003 , 07:50 PM
In vancouver, the two best places to go are Vancouver Film School and Center For Digital Imaging and Sound.
https://www.vfs.com
https://www.artschool.com

I have personally already gone to vfs for a 2 week course in the summer, and i might take a 6 month course, and skip regular school (would be my grade 12 year) for half the year.
CDIS is suppose to be the best in vancouver, some of the stuff students have produced is amazing.

In vancouver, you could also go to UBC or SFU, but both of those suck ass for 3D.

My socials teacher said that they hire mostly on your demo reel (he worked at EA). You could have a million dollars worth of schooling, but if you can't even make a cube in maya, why should they hire you?

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 19 08-05-2003 , 04:07 AM
Whatever you do, wherever you go , stay away from Art Institutes. I went to the one's in Ft .Lauderale and Philidelphia. The Ft Lauderdale school is in shambles now, all there Maya teachers left and the school in Philidelphia dont believe in teaching Maya they think Max is the more popular program! I got screwed on my degree, I was supposed to get a Bachelors degree and I had to switch to an Associates just to get out of there and I lost a ton of money. No schools will take any transfer credits, not even within there own schools. Avoid at all costs!!!!

# 20 08-05-2003 , 06:51 AM
Subscriber
Full Sail is looking pretty nice.....Its on my wish list....

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 21 13-05-2003 , 03:01 AM
Gnomon and Academy of Arts College are my two best choices. I thought about Full Sail but I dont have much information about it.

# 22 14-05-2003 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
Wow, seems that i live really close to a lot of the action user added image.. i could drive to some of these user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com