Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 02-09-2003 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
hey guys, two things here. One is he cannot resale license it is on the user agreement. secondly the only way to pay 7K is if bought a Maya Unlimited floating. With the floating license he can run Maya on any supported OS. The Mac version will only run a complete version of Maya.

# 17 02-09-2003 , 10:49 PM
I think he brough Unlimited 5 but then realised that it didn't work for Mac.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

# 18 10-09-2003 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
I think he's a scammer too. Lock ban.. etc. stupid excuse magicpie indeed. Magic pie

Ebay doesn't give a rat's arse as long as they get their 5% on the sale. Go do a search on ebay horror stories.. eg refusal to ban delete scammer's accounts, they even refuse to block it while investigation are being conducted etc. Refusing to honor their conduct guideline because the wording is loose

# 19 10-09-2003 , 08:35 AM
user title spammer
ebay isn´t that bad ... i once sold a MD-Player over ebay and the deleted my auction, because i wrote: "copy of sony recording software included" ... now, the problem was (of course) the word "copy" .. even so, the software i was going to give away was FREEEWARE ... .and when i told them it was freeware, the told me they wouldn´t CAARRREE user added image lol

so, maybe they are sometimes good...

# 20 11-09-2003 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber
I was looking to buy maya used but from what I read here I can't do that, and if i buy it brand new I can't sell it, is this true also.

Just Looking

# 21 11-09-2003 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
very true. If you need to sell, only Alias can aprove the transaction.

Here it is, stripped from the license Agreement.

"d) Licenses Non-Transferable. Licenses shall not be transferred without the prior written consent of Alias, which may be granted or withheld in Alias’ sole and absolute discretion. If such transfer is authorized, Customer agrees to provide any and all information reasonably requested by Alias relating to such transfer and Customer shall promptly execute and/or have executed by the proposed transferee any and all documentation provided by Alias required to effect such transfer."

# 22 11-09-2003 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
So it is possiable you just have to go through alias. Which this would be better because you know you are not getting ripped off.

Just Looking

# 23 23-02-2004 , 04:25 PM
Kevin
Ill give you 14 VIP points for it :p

# 24 23-02-2004 , 04:28 PM
Kevin
any ways better close thsi one now, he has decided to keep it so I guess thats that