Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-09-2012 , 01:07 AM

how do i disable these black lines?

hey guys, sorry i'm posting so many topics. i'm just a student trying to learn, but i have a new question... attached is the image that shows black lines which i don't know or remember how to disable. can anyone help me disable these black lines? at first, i thought it was the toggle between 1 and 2 for smoothness, but i'm not sure. the lines won't go away. they're only showing with the polygon pieces.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by r3m1x; 28-09-2012 at 01:56 AM.
# 2 28-09-2012 , 02:23 AM
i was able to fix this by going to the (Display Menu > Polygons > Custom Polygons Display) however, i'm unsure of what was done and i still don't understand why those polygon lines appeared. if someone has an idea as to how to disable them properly or can explain why they show up i'd appreciate that. :-) thanks!

# 3 28-09-2012 , 07:40 AM
The thin red line
You must have pressed the "2" button, This just shows where the unsmoothed mesh is on a smoothed model................dave

Last edited by daverave; 28-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.