Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-03-2004 , 12:11 AM
Subscriber

Flaming Text

how would i go about accomplishing something like this:

i wanna start with a black screen and as a wind (sound) passes over, i want the word Metallica to catch fireletter by letter, but only the outlines so you'd see this nice firey revelation of a title outline
and then have the flames subside so you're just left with the outline of all the letters in a hot amber kinda colour, still glowing from the heat

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 17-03-2004 , 01:10 AM
U can key frame all that and by apply "emmit from object" dynamics, specificaly the edges of the letters that you extrude, then animate a texture on the extrudes to a final flow effect.

# 3 17-03-2004 , 05:49 AM
hey guys vietnam is in canada!

# 4 17-03-2004 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
Please refrain from making such useless posts. Vietnam is not in Canada, if that was a joke, it wasn't the least bit humorous, and most importantly, it doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

# 5 17-03-2004 , 01:11 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by deepakrock627
hey guys vietnam is in canada!

Sorry this is just to much now, you have just lost your posting rights for 7 days

# 6 18-03-2004 , 08:45 PM
Perhaps he's talking cryptic for: Try to assign the shaders like dragonsfire said, and perhaps a big light that slowly scales up to the right... (making a wave of light, catch my drift).

That's what I would recommend user added image