Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-02-2012 , 01:42 PM

Color Problem after Render

Hello,

I want to create a Screensaver for my Company, therefore I'm using a short video clip which I created with Maya.
The Problem is:
My company wants really specific colors, which look exactly alike.

I bring the colors into Maya by using the pipette, looks pretty ok then, but when it comes to render, it looks completly different.
I have two lights in my scenery; one for create a shadow and another one for light up the scene a bit (otherwise would be too dark) its both directional light.

i think the color look weird because there is not the correct amount of lighting, but i dont know, how much i should use to make the color look exactly like in my .PDF file.

does anyone have any ideas how to fix that? the rest works like a charm : ((

hope someone can help me,
greetings
chakuze

# 2 01-02-2012 , 02:16 PM
The thin red line
Could you show a picture of the pdf and what you are rendering..............dave

# 3 01-02-2012 , 05:41 PM
EduSciVis-er
Might be best to color correct in post? Do a color pass, then you can tweak just the color info in PS. Don't know the details, but in theory it should work.

# 4 01-02-2012 , 07:42 PM
thanks for your answers so far.
heres is a picture of the color, i make a square around the color that i wanna choose for the background of the movie:
https://www.imagebanana.com/view/21yk46wp/background.png

here is my autodesk maya:

https://www.imagebanana.com/view/pyhu...ackground2.png

and here is how the render looks with my actual settings:

https://www.imagebanana.com/view/ubk7...ackground3.png

So i want the exact same color from the pdf file (my first link) which i put in a square, for my background.
as you can directly see, the color is not the same.
any ideas after seeing my pictures??

already thank you!

greetings

ps. sorry that ive to censore the rest, but its company internal stuff and i prefer stay anonymously user added image

# 5 02-02-2012 , 12:51 PM
does none have an idea?

# 6 02-02-2012 , 01:18 PM
The Nurb Herd
Too many pop ups with the image host.
user added image

What if you use a surface shader?

Last edited by honestdom; 02-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
# 7 02-02-2012 , 01:47 PM
what do you mean? surface shader? hwo do i use that? what is it in fact.... id be glad if you could give me a few more details, thanks in advance

edit. and ive zero pop ups... youre not using adblock? : p