Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-08-2012 , 04:17 AM

Axis too big or can't see it

Hi i'm sort of new to maya just getting the hang of it actually. And for a while i was flying right through it on my Mac. But now i've seemed to of pressed something and hit a rough edge.

I don't know what it's called but you know how you click Move, Rotate, Scale and those Red, green and, blue things come up. And you use it to increase size and such. Well it comes up sort of but it's actually bigger than the object. It stretches out I can't see the end of it. So i can't really manipulate it to the size i want. Whereas i can't even see the rotate thing. I'm in perspective view and everything.

I have a feeling it'll be an easy solution but i cant figure it out. It might just be Maya on Macs.

It's only to of happened in the last two days.

Last night i installed Maybe on my PC the main computer, and everything worked fine. I can see the rotate, move, scale all is in range. So i might continue working on it there.

if i want i can send you a pic on how it looks on my Mac as compared to my PC version.

# 2 08-08-2012 , 04:37 AM
press the + and - keys to grow or shrink the "manipulator".

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 08-08-2012 , 06:07 AM
^^ What he said.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu