Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-03-2014 , 06:11 PM

Help Fund My Dream

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you could help me spread the word for my funding campaign. I'm raising money for a computer to actually start using Maya. I have been studying for the past few months and believe I have a fairly good knowledge of the program but i haven't been able to apply anything yet. There's more information on the page provided. Don't feel obligated to donate but please share the page with your friends and family so that I can get more visibility and reach my goal faster. If you are feeling generous however, i believe there are some very nice rewards that might peak your interest.

Thank you guys,

Small

Heres the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/Animation-Dream

# 2 28-03-2014 , 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
I'm confused on how you're studying Maya extensively without being able to apply said research. If you want to make quality productions(by today's standards) then licenses and resources can far outweigh the cost of a decent computer(if you're a student you can get some of it for cheap). Even with that, you're unlikely to make the next Final Fantasy movie on your home PC though you can get something alright from Dell for under $800. I don't know how will this donation page will do especially with causes out there like missing people after natural disasters, child funeral expenses and losing homes to fire, so perhaps you should look into earning the money.

Anyway, if after a few months of studying Maya you can handle everything involved from pre-production right down to distribution then have at it and best of luck.user added image

- Genny

# 3 29-03-2014 , 01:38 AM
The Nurb Herd
The money will be spent on:
-New Computer
-Program Licences

care to elaborate?

My long term dream is to work for an animation studio like Disney, Pixar or Dreamworks.

Doing what?

I have been studying and conducting extensive research on computer animation and have gained a fairly substantial ammount of knowledge,

You might get a response if you explain a bit more... But probably not.

Best of luck.

# 4 29-03-2014 , 07:15 AM
Lifetime Member
Concur Gen

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

# 5 29-03-2014 , 01:00 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well my dream is to catch a flight with Virgin Galactic but I'm not going to ask anyone else to pay for it.

I suggest you look into ways you yourself can make money rather than asking other people for it.

Thread Closed
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"