Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-04-2003 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber

Jerky animation, from two many KEYs

Could someone who knows about animation, teach me a way to clean up this video? The problem comes from this:

I made the animation, then changed it like 4 times, so theres like a 30 key frames i'm not using, that make it all jerky!

You need Div like the SimplyTutorials
https://forums.simplymaya.com/attachm...=&postid=45995

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 2 14-04-2003 , 12:18 PM
Assuming you have tried deleting all the rogue keys there is also the graph editor (hotbox-window-animation-graph editor). This allows you to smooth out any glitches by modifying a graph curve. That might be what you're looking for.

# 3 14-04-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
That graph editor is sweet, i either forgot about it B4 or was too intimidated. Thanks man. I'll will post a new animation with the new smoothing soon on my VFX WIP thread(link is in my sig)

Thanx again.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 4 15-04-2003 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
or try the dope sheet, thats great for rearranging, deleting keys

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 15-04-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Interesting, is that all it can do is delete them?

# 6 15-04-2003 , 11:25 PM
Not just delete them. You can also copy/paste keys. Dope sheet is useful for adjusting the spacing of keys in the timeline without worry about about fcurves. Great for quickly blocking out an animation.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job