Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-02-2007 , 10:41 AM

Unable to load Maya Live with Unlimited 7.01

I have Maya Unlimited 7.01 and I'm trying to load Maya Live. I opened up "Plugin Manager" to check plugin "Mayalive.mll" to "load and auto-load". I can check auto-load but I can't check load. I get an error message in the script editor;

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/bin/plug-ins/mayalive.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
//
// Error: The operation completed successfully.
//
// Error: The operation completed successfully.
(mayalive) //

I have check to see if mayalive.mll was under the corrent directory and it is. But I still get this error, even after reinstalling Maya Unlimited. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

# 2 18-02-2007 , 08:24 PM

A possible solution

Alright, I checked with my Maya geeks at school and they say that I have a incorrect verison of Maya Live. Usually when the message pops up in script editor, the plugin is for a different verison of Maya.

# 3 19-02-2007 , 12:31 AM
Senior Software Developer
If you are using a genuine install for Maya, then the .mll file is the correct version for that version of Maya. Make sure someone has not replaced it or replace it from a working version of 7.
If all is lost deinstall Maya and delete all directories left, then reinstall

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 21-02-2007 , 04:53 AM
You're right, my computer had a conflict with a previously installed verison of Maya (6.5). Thanks!!user added image