Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-10-2007 , 05:50 AM

Texture problem

When ever i load a 32bits targa texture file that contains alpha Map in it, into an object the whole object become transparent in the viewports but when i render it it looks fine , any idea why?

# 2 05-10-2007 , 12:44 PM
Subscriber
might be linked with transparency in the hypershade. Due to it having an alpha channel (which adds transparency to image files) this may explain the transparency in the scene.

Chris

# 3 05-10-2007 , 01:58 PM
so how can i fix it ?

# 4 05-10-2007 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
Soz just realised didnt actually tell you how to fix the prob lol.

In the hypershade select the offending texture and right click > graph network, it should then pop up in the bottom part of the hypershade. There may be a couple of arrows connecting the texture node to the the materials shader node. One of them will say something along the lines of 'transparency. woteva the file is called'. If you delete this it should show up in the scene.

If not I'm not sure what could be wrong I'm afraid.

Chris

# 5 05-10-2007 , 03:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
you got a transparency in with it.

You can also right click on the transparency channel name in the materials attribute editor, then hit break connection.

# 6 05-10-2007 , 04:03 PM
The thing is that when i break the connection i cant see the areas that i want them to be transparent ..