Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-10-2007 , 07:52 PM

XRay Toggle issues

Hi all.

Maya 8.5,
OS is Windows XP Pro, running on a dell Precision 690

OK, this is a new computer and I have moved my Maya 8.5 over to it. I ahd made some custom toggles including the XRay toggl with a script I had found online once upon a time.

Now the XRay toggle I had only works in object mode, not in component mode. It worked fine on my old computer and I took the mel script for the toggle from my old computer and used it to create the toggle on my new computer. Is there any way to fix this?

T

# 2 27-10-2007 , 08:14 PM
Wrinkle: OK, the XRay toggle works in component mode if a component is selected (like a vertice or a fcae) so the problem is sort of resolved, but I don't know why there's this little glitch. Still would like to fully resolve it if anyone knows how to.

Thanks for reading.

T

# 3 30-10-2007 , 02:17 AM
Still more wrinkles on this -- the XRay toggle works sort of in component mode. Some times I have to keep selecting and deselecting before the toggle will work and then it may stop again within a few actions. It always works in object mode.

Anyone with any ideas?