Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-07-2005 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber

July/Aug -- Noob -- Bitz

Hello all,

Also new to the Simply Maya community. It even looks like my first post.

So far I've only been busy with modelling. So lightning will be a pain to learn. However I couldn't resist to join the fun and to push myself more. Pressure is lovely if you want to learn new things.

I am gonna go for fear. I want the viewer of the picture to understand that going into a scene like this, would mean immenent death.

My drawing is really terrible so I will soon post a quick 3D scetch here soon. It will be a swamp with fog. Revealing only a bit of the horrors beneath it. Tho, it shows enough to know its a really bad place to party at.

If I have time left I will try to put loathing in it by adding a happening into it. A person getting slowly pulled in the fog as a friend is watching it happen or something like that. Tho I think I will need all the time I can get to get the original picture ready.

# 2 19-07-2005 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber
This should be the setup.

This is just to give some insight on the scene.
First points of attention will be :

1. The tree
2. The water
3. Ground
4. Monster
5. Dangling person

When those are roughly done I will start working on the lighting.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-07-2005 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
and I have no idea how you call the next thing, but its a compilation of items that I found on the internet.

They all relate to the scene one way or another.
Basic categories are : Fog, Creepy Tree, Eyes, Swamp

Attached Thumbnails