Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-10-2007 , 08:41 AM
Subscriber

The setup machine

I am thinking of getting the setup machine for maya, looks quite good was just wondering if there is anyone who has had hands on experience with it.

here's the weblink if you want to check it out

https://www.anzovin.com/TSM2Maya/

cheers

www.animateme.me.uk
# 2 20-10-2007 , 08:48 AM
I think DJblazer used it.

Ive heard really good things about it too, not tried it though.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 20-10-2007 , 11:57 AM
If you're frequently animating, then why not buy it? It looks like a good plugin.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 20-10-2007 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
By getting I meant buying. and I did, it's quite amazing complete character rig in 20min, including very decent binding even for a really disproportional fat dinosaur character of mine.
Definitely worth the money if you, like me, cannot be bothered to learn the technicalities of rigging.

www.animateme.me.uk
# 5 20-10-2007 , 12:51 PM
Hi farbtopf,
I wasn't aware that something like that existed. If I had the money right now, I'd buy it myself. My thoughts are that you can rig a character in record time. Then tweak it to get it just right. Sounds like a win, win situation to me. My opinion is that quicker is better as long as you can still get the required quality in the end.

I'm sure I'll be buying this one day.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 20-10-2007 , 03:34 PM
Ive got it and its very very good!

It has good results on most things and even with the problems systems like these will inevitabley have it is more time and resource effective than rigging fro people like me who really dont have time to learn the depths but still want to have a nice flexible rig.

Read the manual! user added image