Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-03-2013 , 02:14 PM

nParticles Volume Text

Hello everyone.

im stuck with nParticles in maya, i am trying to create something like this (Upcoming Tutorial: Cherry 7up Render on Vimeo) I know this was done using cinema4d but im trying to do it in maya, any tips on how i can get the particles to fill the volume of an object.

im using goals and it seems to attach it self to the vertices of the object, starting from the first vertice. i have managed to adjust the expression of the goal UV to make it random, but what i really need is to get it to fill inside the shape and not around it.

thanks
Alinspired

# 2 18-03-2013 , 02:47 PM
The thin red line
You could try turning the normal the wrong way not sure that it will work..........dave

# 3 18-03-2013 , 03:25 PM
SM Tea Boy
you can also use https://www.soup-dev.com/ soup to do this I've not had chance to look up the node connections and i must warn you soup is not for the casual user, however if your serious about dynamics in maya take a look the learning curve is frustrating but it's well worth it.

Warning not a plug and play solution user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 18-03-2013 , 03:35 PM
hello

i tried the reverser normals but it has no effect as its not going to the face but rather to the vertices, so which ever way they face they still look like a .(dot)

As for the soup, iv had a look at that before but the lack of documentation and the very steep learning curve made me scrap it, i know soup works well with M.A.S.H (a manchester studios motion graphics package) but again not alot of information about how to use it.

if you can provide me with some useful documentation or maybe a blog where someone has explain how ot use soup or MASH that would be great.

thanks (im still gonna try it again any tips would be great)

# 5 18-03-2013 , 08:46 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try using volume axis curves

# 6 19-03-2013 , 12:42 AM
im not in the office but will try that tomorrow thanks.

# 7 19-03-2013 , 12:47 AM
EduSciVis-er
The volume axis curve is actually better for getting stuff to flow through a shape; the video was loading slow for me so I guessed as to the effect. If that doesn't get quite what you want, you could keep on with the goals, you'll have to animate the goal from 0 to 1 to get the particles initially not moving toward the goal then getting there. Check out post 4 in this thread for having a goal in the interior of the object: https://forums.creativecow.net/archivethread/61/727789