Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-06-2006 , 01:56 PM

virtual interactive walkthrough....

hai there..!!! hope u all doing fine..!!! i just wanna know about the virtual interactive walkthrough of any architectural premises,example...

"let say if i have made a complete model of commerical appartment with lights,texture everything and i want my client to have an ease to move around in and outside the building,so that he can move in with a mouse and see any thing he wants to,in that 3d model...."

can any one guide me in this !!.....
it would be an immense favour to me...!!!!
ill be looking forward for the reply....plzz its urgent..!!!

[email]fowadkhan@hotmail.com

# 2 15-06-2006 , 02:02 PM
Could try converting it to VRML via the plug in.

Your client would need a plug in for the bowser (e.g. Cortona, from parallell graphics, plus its free) but it should work, tey it our yourself though to see if its what your after

# 3 15-06-2006 , 02:07 PM
Subscriber
vrml and plug in ?

# 4 15-06-2006 , 02:16 PM
Yup Maya 6 has a VRML converter so that you can take your scene and make into a VRML file, its in the plug in manager, you export it using the file export option. thers options to keep textures, animations etc.

Oh VRML is Virtual Reality Modeling Language and uses coding like HTML etc so if you wanted you can create 3d worlds (not very good quality) using notepad.

# 5 17-06-2006 , 11:15 AM
I'm very interested in this too..

But will it then be possible to let someone walk trought it or something? How does it work? Doe you export it, and then dubble click on the exported file and then you can move around? Also can you move trough geometry etc.?

Thanks in forward! user added image

# 6 18-06-2006 , 02:23 PM
Subscriber
hello, user added image
i have been woking on somthing like this and i have been using the Shockwave 3d plugin for Director. it is very easy to set up and you can do most of it in maya. the only problem is that the graphics arnet that good

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 7 18-06-2006 , 02:25 PM
Ok, Cool.. Could you show some screenshots of how it looks? And with this exporter, you can walk trough the scene? How exactly does it work?

THanks user added image

# 8 19-06-2006 , 05:14 AM
Subscriber
well, if you have your model you can use the shockwave 3d exporter that comes with maya of you can download it for free from the alias website. if it comes up with any errors you fix them in maya and then you can bring the w3d file that is created into Macromedia director. making the camera walk around is done throgh lingo scripting.

srry i cant get any screenshots at the moment.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge