Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-10-2014 , 09:46 AM

Blobby Fire render

I am pretty new to Maya fluids and currently I am having some problems with the settings?

Basically, I have an animated snake, and I am trying to make the snake on fire.
As such, I am using Maya fluids, in which I used the snake geo (did a geo cache) and make is as Emit from Object

Though I am using Maya Software to render, my fire seems more like a blob, rather than those fire kind of effect (like ghost rider, for example)
Adding on, I am not using any Fuel in my setup

Or is this just the software render issue?

# 2 08-10-2014 , 01:44 PM
EduSciVis-er
A good starting point might be to look at some fire examples in the Visor. MMB drag them into a new scene and check out some of the parameters and results. It's a lot easier than starting from scratch.

# 3 09-10-2014 , 02:30 AM
Hi stwert, I have a question though. The elements in visor, aren't they more of 'painting' rather than the actual fluids?

I mean, for example, I am trying to replicate the flameCoarse in the visor. But what I am seeing is 2 items - paint stroke and curve. I tried looking into the parameter within, correct me if I am wrong, but I am hardly seeing anything that may be of help should I be back to using fluids

# 4 09-10-2014 , 02:49 AM
EduSciVis-er
Make sure you're looking at the Fluid Examples tab, not the Paint Effects tab.