Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-01-2005 , 05:15 PM

Polygon Boolean operation not working

Hello,

I'm just starting to learn Maya 5, because i will be using Maya in college for Game Design in a few months or so. RIght now im modeling the Dog from Kurts tutorial, but my problem is that, when I convert the Nurbs to Polygons, then I click the neck part and hit enter, then click the head and hit enter, then go to polygon - boolean, and the whole model disappears? I followed his instructions exactly, but I dont know if im selecthing the models wrong, or if theres a option thats not letting the new object be displayed?

Thanks alot,

Matt

# 2 22-01-2005 , 05:20 PM
Make sure you have the 2 parts intersecting totally, then try again, You can also check to see if the normal are facing the same way in each part. Booleans can be temper mental.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-01-2005 , 05:26 PM
Hi,

wow, thanks for the super fast reply. I just looked, and my neck was a little to low on one side, so i raised it up and now it worked! I will try to sew up the neck and then continue watching the video. Your guys video's are awesome! I can really learn from them, and follow your every move.

Matt

Attached Images
# 4 23-01-2005 , 09:23 PM
Hey kurt,

I got to that part on my dog where I have to convert to SUb-d's and then start making detail. THe problem is that, when I do it, i get a error message. So i adjusted the numbers with the slider, but still didnt work. I read the error message, and it said that I need to do a cleanup. SO i did that, and SUB-D worked, but i had all these messed up faces and stuff on my model. So i went back and cleaned up stuff myself, and now its alittle better, but I still dont know what to do really to fix it? Also, how to i create new faces to merge the verticies inside my mouth. I deleted some stuff to remake the shape, but now i need to add some new stuff.

Matt

Attached Images