Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-09-2005 , 06:57 AM

july/aug - noob - jediknight

I've been lurking at the forum awhile and decided to finally register and enter a contest. I was at the zoo and the primates weren't looking very happy, so I thought I'd use it as the base for my fear and loathing. I made a sketch in photoshop as a reference and made the model using poly-proxy.

# 2 01-09-2005 , 06:58 AM
photoshop sketch

I know I know... it's crappy

Attached Images
# 3 01-09-2005 , 06:59 AM
here's where I was experimenting with blendshape to get different facial expressions.

Attached Images
# 4 01-09-2005 , 07:02 AM
Here's the final picture rendered with maya software because I'm not comfortable with mental ray yet. There's lightfog and yellowish lights to make it seem hot and humid. I used some textures from 3dtotal for the walls. I also made a walk cycle with the monkey just for practice.

Attached Thumbnails