Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-08-2007 , 04:43 AM

Fitting an eyeball into a head

Hi,

I'm trying to fit my eyeball into a head I've modelled, but parts of it keep poking through the eyelid. I've modelled the head fairly accurately according to reference images.

The eyeball is completely round, as I imagine it has to be in a 3D model - is this correct? I'm wondering whether I should make the ball more oval, or manipulate the eyelid instead.

Any suggestions (I've looked at tutorials but none address this specific question).

thanks,

gubar.

# 2 11-08-2007 , 05:30 AM
it might be worth posting a picture gubar so we can see the specific problem - but yeah, the eyeball should be round. Just match it up with the front and side refs and then you'll probably have to do quite a bit of vertex tweaking to get the eyelids to fit. Keep in mind that you only see a small part of the eye - it's actually quite big but you only really see about a third of the actual eye, if that.

# 3 11-08-2007 , 05:40 AM
Thanks arran,

actually been tweaking my lid vertices since I posted and it's looking much better,

cheers,

gubar.