Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 29-03-2012 , 12:43 AM

Texturing problems

I apologize in advance if this issue was already brought up in another topic. But I do need assistance.

You see I've made my model and created a few UV sets right? But whenever I try to assign the textures I made it won't show up on the UV texture editor! When I hit 6 on my keyboard the object is just white.

What should I do?

Oh by the way, here's the maya file and textures. See if I screwed something up. If so is there anyway to fix it?

Yes I know its a crappy model, but its only my second one. Anyway please I need help. Thank you.

Attached Files
File Type: zip oldladyhero.zip (279.0 KB, 224 views)
# 2 29-03-2012 , 02:00 AM
Hi, i believe the problem is about having diferent maps.
I'm not sure but i believe you need to have all the maps on "map1" placed together, i tried it and could apply the texture using "map1".
I was doing a model to be be able to be used on a game, and my teacher told me i should put all the diferent maps together on map1, and i've seen that in some texture files for games, but i'm not sure, so maybe wait for other answers, in the meanwhile you can try to sort the diferent maps into the same one.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 29-03-2012 , 02:13 AM
Oh really? How do you put multiple UVs on one map?

I have many different parts to texture separately.

Thank you for the info.

Last edited by koopaul; 29-03-2012 at 02:36 AM.
# 4 29-03-2012 , 02:50 AM
Technical Director

Oh really? How do you put multiple UVs on one map?

I posted a video tutorial a month or so back that should help you out. Take a look: https://simplymaya.com/forum/showpost...2&postcount=19

Make sure you also have the "Display Image" box checked under Image, in the UV texture editor.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 29-03-2012 at 02:54 AM.