Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-06-2012 , 06:34 AM

ikhandle probs

hi guys pls help me.. i am maya 2011 user

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-06-2012 , 04:42 AM
You're not using Spline-IK are you? Doesn't look like it, but I'm just making sure.

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 3 02-06-2012 , 10:41 AM
yes i din use ik spline..cause this is leg i just add 3 joints and after that i use ikhandle on it.

# 4 02-06-2012 , 11:24 AM
IK Spline is different from the standard IK handle... I can't tell which you want but I suspect you don't want spline. The spline function will add a curve and you can only adjust the position of your rig via changing the CVs of the curve. If you haven't built your own curve on top of your skeleton Maya will try to create it's own curve and it can get the curve wrong, changing your skeleton's position. More likely you want the IK Handle (not spline) which shouldn't alter your skeleton's position and should give you more natural control of your leg... but I may be misinterpreting you. If you USED IK Handle, not IK Spline, then I guess I dunno?

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 5 06-06-2012 , 12:14 PM
hi petersrin, i just using standard ik handle v ikprsolver.. is u have any solution pls do let me know. Tq