Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-12-2012 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber

Animated Ribbon Bow

I am trying to animate a ribbon bow untying itself using splines with extrusions and I am having great trouble creating the knot. Does anyone here know of any good tuts out there that will help me?

I have tried Google but haven't found anything which is why I ask.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 06-01-2013 , 09:52 AM
I am sorry no one has responded yet to this issue. but it is a pretty complex issue. and I was waiting to see if anyone else had some suggestions for you before I threw in my two cents.

the best thing I can think of is to use the nurbs curve for the ribbon and actually model out a piece for the bow and not make it out of the splines.

as for animating it untying itself my best advice is to experiment. if you cant find a nice way of doing it try and fake it as best as you can.

as far as i know nurbs curves dont like to fold in over them selves like a bow tie would which is why I suggest modeling it as a separate object.