Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-03-2013 , 10:38 PM

Advice of Graphic Cards

Hi Everyone user added image

I am buying a laptop for running 3D graphic soft such as Maya and Mudbox. My question is how powerful a graphics card will I need? I can get one with a QUADRO 4000M for a good deal is this good enough?

What is everyone else running?

Thanks!

Tsange

# 2 29-03-2013 , 11:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I suspect the majority of people around here use gaming cards, myself included, so I'm sure if you can get a quadro for a good deal, so much the better. I don't know how the 4000 stacks up against others though.

# 3 01-04-2013 , 12:15 AM
Lifetime Member
I'm using dual QUADRO 2000D's
they handle anything I can throw at them, and even get by with decent gaming frame rates
I'm not as accomplished as most here in Maya, but these cards don't stutter a bit.

Saw a lot of negative reviews on the 4000's when I was shopping
mostly positive reviews on the 2000D's, so I bought those instead.

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired
# 4 01-04-2013 , 01:21 AM
Technical Director
Also, remember that this is an M card, so it won't be as powerful as the standard workstation cards. You can't compare the two!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.