Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-05-2013 , 12:56 AM

Texture problem

Hi,

I have this car that I started texturing, the problem I have is that the UV doesn't correspond with the right part of the texture and I don't know why... I took the UVs from maya, made the texture in photoshop and after that I wanted to try it to see how it works and it goes well apart from 2 components of the car(side grill, and the part under the windshield) as you can see here... any ideas?user added image
user added image
user added image

# 2 01-05-2013 , 06:29 AM
The thin red line
Its possible that you did not have them mapped as you did a uv snapshot so are now laying on a texture that was not made for them, select the parts go to your UV editor and see there they are laying on your texture and see if you can move them, if not you might have to do another snapshot..............dave