Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-09-2014 , 06:29 PM

Mental Ray blur on parts of texture

Hi,

Being a newbie I have no idea if this is a common problem, although I haven't been successful in finding anyone else with the exact same problem.

When I use mental ray for rendering, small parts around my render ends up completely blurred, whilst the rest of the picture is fine. With a simple flick over to the Maya Software renderer, everything works fine.

My mental ray is sampling -1/1 (normally works fine for me), Mitchell filtering and filter type off in the texture file attributes.

I have attached two screen captures, the first one being the mental ray render. As you can see, the edge of the door is completely blurred, and I can't make it disappear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images