Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-04-2003 , 03:45 PM

Jack-in-the-box crap

mmh....this is my first render.
Don´t laugh at me. I am a n00b. So I tried to make a Jack-in-the-box. This is my first attempt. I am still working on it.

# 2 15-04-2003 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
hey man for a first render it s no so bad !! it s very cool ! user added image but i think your head (the head of the guy) is a little bit too oval ! but it s a very good start !

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 3 15-04-2003 , 05:17 PM
look at the pic below to see my problem

# 4 15-04-2003 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber
Thats because you have the same shader applied to them

# 5 15-04-2003 , 05:33 PM
Subscriber
or itrs because ur using lambert1 which is the default shader maya applies to all new geometry because they wont b visible without a shader

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 15-05-2003 , 09:49 AM
Not sure where u r at with this or how old this is cause I just signed up but I'll tell something about materials.

First of when you make a new scene there are undeletable materials, a lambert, a particle fog and something else. DO NOT MODIFY these, if you do things get screwy. So just make a new material, and if you want something to be different you select the geometry and in the hypershader rt click to assign the material and if it appears the same thats because you have 2 things the same. Hope that helps.

# 7 15-05-2003 , 03:07 PM
thanks I have posted this a month ago...now I know much more