View Poll Results: Rate This Work
AWESOME 0 0%
Good 3 23.08%
Fair 7 53.85%
bad 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-05-2005 , 05:32 PM

First Scene: Preaceful Violence

This is the first scene I have ever done. Here is a batch render of the final output, with all of the quality settings on maximum. Please tell me what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-05-2005 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
Hey, nice work. Dont have much time to look at it, but why not upgrade to the PLE version of maya 6. It has a lesser waterprint. Just a suggestion. And would you mind putting up a wireframe?

# 3 23-05-2005 , 08:52 PM
user added image Sure
the mesh is very light in all places except the sandals. well, take a look for yourself

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 23-05-2005 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Good job, I like the rifle mesh alot, I tried to do a rifle awhile ago, but I dont think I really got the hang of it. But you seemed to do real nice. I may have already asked you this question, but how long have you been working with maya?

# 5 23-05-2005 , 11:08 PM
About a month... 1 1/2, you know, around there. I had maya for a year, but the first time I double ckicked the icon on my desktop was about 1.5 months ago.

Cheers,
,Matt

-edit-
Also, about the rifle mesh. I did a Birail for the shape and then converted to polys for an eisier render. The nurbs one had 1500 faces and the poly one had only 300, so I decided to go with the poly one. the poly one with 300 was smoothed, too.the rest of the rifle was made with revolves, lofts, and fillets, all converted to polys.

Last edited by MattTheMan; 24-05-2005 at 12:11 AM.