Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2011 , 02:47 PM
Acid44

Anyone have experience dealing with bald faced hornets?

Me and my girlfriend are both allergic to them, and today I came across a few inside on my way out for a smoke.

We've had a few before, kill one and a few soldiers were waiting outside our door for us for about 8 hours. After they left I thought they were done with us. That was about 3 weeks to a month ago. Now though, they seem to have found a way inside.

My landlord is doing construction on the upper levels of the house, and doesn't seem to mind the birds living there, or bugs getting in, because 1 windows has been off it's hinges/frame completely for 2 months now, and another 3 are wide open. Going to call him later on and get him to address this.

Anyways, there were 4 inside, they were pretty docile (I'm guessing because it's been fairly chilly lately) and I managed to get them into a 2 litre pop bottle filled with bleach with no issues. But I can't really risk things like that because I don't know how allergic I am. So I was just wondering if anyone may know how to deal with them on an individual basis without the risk of them being able to release that lovely pheromone that calls the horde to murder me D:

# 2 23-09-2011 , 04:32 PM
The Nurb Herd

We've had a few before, kill one and a few soldiers were waiting outside our door for us for about 8 hours. After they left I thought they were done with us. That was about 3 weeks to a month ago. Now though, they seem to have found a way inside.

is this a joke?
is the whole post a joke?

# 3 23-09-2011 , 05:24 PM
Acid44
No, quite serious. Using the word soldiers and wording it the way I did is just how I am >_<

# 4 23-09-2011 , 09:26 PM
EduSciVis-er
Well first off, get an epipen or twinjet if you don't have one, you don't want to run the risk of not having one in a crisis.
About the hornets, I dunno... get your landlord to fix the window I guess.

# 5 23-09-2011 , 09:26 PM
The thin red line
Were Im from we do not have meny hornet (not see one in 50 years) just as well as they seam like nasty bugs. On the net there are a few traps you can make for not much money I would give that a try and see if you can find the nests and destroy if over winter as this will be the time they are dorment, see link.........dave

https://pests.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-hornets.htm

Last edited by daverave; 23-09-2011 at 09:29 PM.
# 6 24-09-2011 , 04:27 AM
Acid44
That's pretty much what I'm planning, but I don't think the nest is anywhere near here as I've set a few traps before with no result.

I think I might try one of those fake hives next year, apparently they'll think another colony is there and leave the area alone... Dunno yet.

Thanks guys

# 7 24-09-2011 , 01:02 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

# 8 24-09-2011 , 04:54 PM
Administrator

Another thing is putting something sweet on one of those bug attracting lights
or sleep in one of these:
https://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/co...uit-p-758.html

Haha mastone, Dave was just saying bee suit and flame thrower would do the trick user added image

I was reading about the Japanese version the other day so just be glad it's not those, seriously nasty things;
https://www.cracked.com/article_15816...-in-world.html

We live in a place that's full of creepy crawlies and the solution to everything around here is POISON!! It's a bit much but we have these electric diffusers with insecticide to keep bugs out and they work wonders. They're used mainly for mosquitoes but wasps and larger insects fly straight out again so try that. You should only use them in well ventilated spaces but as you're missing a window it should be fine. The greener version would be one that gives of a high-frequency noise instead, might be better with a pregnant person in the house.

Good luck,
Nilla

# 9 24-09-2011 , 09:24 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 10 25-09-2011 , 02:53 AM
Acid44
You guys are terrible

Though that bee suit is pretty cheap user added image

Think I'll just continue killing them as I am and hope for the best... Glad they aren't any of the things you guys are posting though O_O

# 11 25-09-2011 , 09:55 AM
Lifetime Member
We have similar ones called paper wasps here..though the nest dont get as big as thier North American cousins....what we do here is basically wait until sundown (if you can locate the nest)....spray it with insect spray...then go back the next eveing and knoeck the nest into a bag. Then throw the bugger onto a fire and light it up....

cheers bullet

make that 2 nights

https://www.csiro.au/resources/Common-Paper-Wasps.html

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 12 25-09-2011 , 10:15 AM
Acid44
Got attacked by another on literally a minute ago, I think they may be attracted to the light a the top of my stairs, by the door. Managed to coax it into the bottle of it's dead friends. Little bastard. Think I'm gonna get me some of that spray once I get my cheque next week

# 13 02-10-2011 , 01:30 PM

process of development

# 14 02-10-2011 , 02:29 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... that post totally juicy couture outlet cracked me up.

# 15 02-10-2011 , 03:12 PM
Acid44

resulting in louis vuitton shoes adverse effects

I don't think those effects would be all that bad hahaha