Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-01-2012 , 06:27 PM
Lifetime Member

Cyclone Heidi

Hi guys,

having fun ATM. Its 0220...airport closed...Red Alert...and a small but bitchin cyclone is about to hit where Im working. Its been raining since 1800 yesterday and we have been on Red alert since then. I just poked my head out the door....wow..wind..rain..wooohooooo...dangerous stuff. TC Heidi is only category 2 in strength...but she is a small tightly packed system. Im due to fly out tomorrow but dont think I will be able to. Well the wind has just picked up...100+km/h and the rain is REALLY heavy. We are in a new camp and this is built like a brick shithouse...so I SHOULD be safe...LOL...at least I wont have to work tomorrow...if there is still a town and it hasnt flooded LOL.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 11-01-2012 , 08:21 PM
Lifetime Member
Yikes that's terrible stay safe. I live in Idaho we never have natural disasters of any kind (I'm not complaining) bytheway are you still running XP and Firefox 3.0 user added image

- Jake
# 3 11-01-2012 , 08:25 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL Im safe mate....Im in camp...everything is in lockdown. As long as the building doesnt move I will be ok...LOL..the centre of it is just 10 km east now. I can feel the room kinda moving...wooohoooo...love it. They arent usually natural disasters mate...just nature having a puff....if it was a cat 5 I would be shitting myself LOL. Yeh man XP and FFox...why is that?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 11-01-2012 , 08:50 PM
Lifetime Member
Oh just reminded me of Dave's thread a few weeks ago.

Just going through the stats for SimplyMaya we get over 10 thousand visits every month from people browsing with IE <6 and Firefox <3

If your're one of them hit the update button. You might be shocked at how the web now looks and works on something that's not older than I am.

Shocking really!
Dave user added image

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36788

heheh user added image

- Jake
# 5 11-01-2012 , 10:06 PM
Acid44
That sounds pretty awesome, get some pictures if you have a camera handy user added image I guess I may as well tell ya to stay safe, too, but you already know that ;D