Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 20-03-2014 , 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
You could check out World Machine. Procedural, node based terrain generator with some sick erosion features, pretty good bang for the buck. You can output the mesh obj and you can extract maps for pretty much anything. Attached terrain is a 1k map(if I recall correctly), probably didn't even take 1/2 an hour worth of tweaks.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 17 20-03-2014 , 05:08 AM
Acid44
World machine looks cool, but every time I look at it my brain just acts like it's frozen in time. The erosion does look really damn good though, I'll have to check it out again

# 18 20-03-2014 , 08:34 PM
Been shakeups all over the gaming industry the past few days. Might want to check out UE4. CryEngine also went royalty free but the engine is extremely difficult to use. Leon and I have stuck with CryEngine for almost 3 years now. It can still be difficult at times.

# 19 25-03-2014 , 10:22 AM
Acid44
Yeh, I've noticed that, seen tons of news about it all on just about every site I use.

Sorry for the instant delay in updating this, my PC is going to the dumps. I've been through 5 hard drives and 3 windows installs in the last 2 months because they just keep dying. I'm on a brand new Seagate barracuda now, which lasted about 3 days and is already showing the signs of death again. I have no idea what's going on here, every bit of hardware check out healthy in diagnostics.