Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-03-2003 , 05:44 PM

Glossary?

Hello,

I'm new here but I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I just started maya and plain suck. One of the reasons is because half the time I don't know what people are talking about.

Do you know of any good glossarys where I can find out all these new terms. Not just maya, but 3d in general would be good.

Thanks. :)

# 2 18-03-2003 , 11:05 PM
You shouldn't need to waste your money on a glossary.

I'm not the greatest person in 3D either, but you can pick up a lot pretty easily, and most is common sense.

It would be much cheaper to just ask here at SM.

I've asked a lot of questions that i thought were dumb, but i still got an answer.

There's somebody out there just like you or me, maybe just one step ahead, and wlling to give help.

Never hurts to ask. user added image

- Matt
# 3 18-03-2003 , 11:16 PM
I wasnt going to buy one. I'm not that daft. I was just wondering if there was a site out there that had a list of terms and expressions.

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>
# 4 18-03-2003 , 11:18 PM
At www.highend3d.com is something called "Rosetta Stone" .. go look for that link, it might help a little. Else I can only suggest that you read the manuals, and do the tutorials one by one. They are pretty good.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 18-03-2003 , 11:25 PM
Thanks.

I am slowly plodding through the tutorials as we speak. The video tutorials are excellent. So much easier when you can actually see someone else go from step to step.

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>
# 6 19-03-2003 , 12:58 AM
The Maya Mountain
Here's a "glossery" type site, that's geared more toward Real-Time 3D applications.