Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-04-2006 , 03:29 AM
Subscriber

poor textureing need help

Hi there,
I got this problem where I am loosing my details on the eyes of my character because I had to scale the eye image to fit within my UVs. Also, I am also following a book which focuses mainly on character game designing and discusses about how a designer is given a certain amount of page resolution for their characters. So as I was following along, the book says the total page resolution will be 1024 which is broken into 3 pages, 1 512x512, and 2 256x256 pages. So why I am explaining this is because they wanted the body parts of the face to be a resolution of 256x256 which is why I am losing the details of my eyes. So tring to focus as being a game designer, what would any of you suggest on doing so that my textures don't come out so poorly? BTW I have included a render of the face of my character to show you what I mean.

Attached Thumbnails