Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-10-2011 , 08:31 AM

Laggy problems with 2012

Recently I got my hands on Maya 2012 from the Autodesk Website.

I have been creating a scene with an amount of detail. It has been fine untill yesterday, but now some scenes crash whenever I load them, combine/serperate or copy, copy & paste meshes and render the scene. I get no error messages atall, the program just stops responding and closes its-self. Ive deleted history etc but this hasnt worked.

user added image

My spec -

3gb ddr3
3.2ghz pentium quad.
4790 GPU
600gb hdd

Kind Regards
James

# 2 26-10-2011 , 08:40 AM
Another thing I have noticed is when I go to save my file and the save box comes up (with the file location and name editor etc) - non of my other files are there, but when I locate the files manually through My Computer, they are there?

# 3 26-10-2011 , 09:59 AM
What version of 2012 you are using? There are 4 hotfixes and one service pack released and a lot of bugs have been fixed.
About the saving issue...what fileformat are your files and whats the selected saving format? Maybe switch to the native OS - windows style back?

Actually it is hard to say without knowing your scene. How many objects? Whats the total Polycount? Superhighrestextures included?

# 4 26-10-2011 , 03:03 PM
32bit - windows 7 32bit.
Ive tryed to change the format, even tried exporting/importing as MA and MB files.

Ive roled back to a previous saved version & will rebuild - cutting my losses.

Ill see if this sorts out the saving issue and get back

Thanks

Kind Regards, James