Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-05-2012 , 08:07 AM
Lifetime Member

Organic modeling tuts

I am planning to venture into the world of character modeling soon. There are quite a few tuts here for this. From previous posts it seems that "surfing with an alien" trilogy is the most recommended tut. Question however, is it possible to complete the Zbrush section within a month assuming I can spend on average 2 hours per night on it?

# 2 31-05-2012 , 08:25 AM
The thin red line
I think it would be how fast you adapt to the zbrush interface its not every ones cup of tea, I have not down loaded Jays "surfing with an alien" but it looks to me that he has used zbrush to make texture and colour maps so you will not be using all of zbrushes tools so a month quite possible...............dave

# 3 31-05-2012 , 10:53 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks dave.

# 4 31-05-2012 , 11:57 AM
Great community

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 5 31-05-2012 , 12:41 PM
The thin red line
I know this is for mudbox(thats what I use now) but does show how to clean the texture up in photoshop..............dave