Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-02-2013 , 03:50 PM

Dynamics and Expressions

Hi Folks,
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice, I am making a dynamic simulation of a motor
however I have come upon a problem I didn't expect, if I place an Expression on one object to control
another say rotateY object A then tell it to be equal to translateY on the object B. I find that when
I run a dynamic simulation it then ignores the Expression.
I have also tried setting a SetDrivenKey and have the same result, it works before starting the dynamic
sim but if I run the Dynamics, just with Active Bodies and a gravity field for instance it behaves as you would
expect except that the SetDrivenKey or the Expression are ignored.

Is there a way I can control the actions of one object with another without the use of forces within a Dynamic sim.

Thanks very much
Tony Cross

I have now figured out what I was doing wrong. I have to parent to another object then it works ok

Last edited by tonyamiga; 19-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.