Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-06-2014 , 06:42 PM

Edges showing where they shouldn't

Hello again,

any ideas why the edges which should be hidden behind the mesh (w/ solid material, standard lambert) are showing at least partly? When I zoom in they shrink, zooming out they get bigger and at certain angles the faces even start flickering with black bits.
I was playing around with a lattice, nothing special. The geometry was extruded, but there are no double faces.

user added image

user added image

# 2 05-06-2014 , 07:06 PM
The thin red line
Looks like you have your face normal on, turn them of my going to display/poligons/face normal and click on that with the mesh selected should get rid of them..............dave

# 3 06-06-2014 , 12:22 AM
Super Moderator
Could be the camera's near clip plane being too small (relative to the far clip plane).

- Genny
# 4 06-06-2014 , 10:26 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Clicking on face normals in the dropdown-menu does nothing at all, strangely.

Changing the clip planes' values did it, thanks!