Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-04-2016 , 07:14 PM

newbie to renderman

Hey all!

Been awhile, but I wanted to pose the question or rather questions pertaining to Renderman in Maya 2016. I have characters that I would LOVE to attempt texturing and rendering with Renderman but I haven't found solid tutorials that really give an adequate breakdown.

I have a stylized alien cartoon that already had textures in a blinn(I've seen a few posts about not being able to transfer those over to the renderman texure). I did trying changing it over, but then the map was way off, e.g. the texture no longer covered the entire body...It was a mess LOL.

What I'm looking for is some direction on the best course of action, maybe some good tutorials that I may have overlooked, shuffling through the hundreds of bad ones.

Most of my "toons" are stylized cartoony, mostly gaming, but a couple for animation. One slimy-ish(think monster's inc.), another just troll skin user added image., a cat, etc.

I do have one mech toon, but that's down the road, first get these guys done.

any advice?