Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-08-2014 , 10:43 PM

Can you please help me with this??

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR READING AND HELPING!!!!
I modeled and have problems getting mudbox to accept it. Because my experience is limited, I am doing a childish mistake that I dont know how to fix..can you help me??
I know mudbox only takes polygons. So I build all my models using the Cube. I love working with this...
So here it goes...
1 - I modeled this screw.(screw1 jpeg)
2 - Then I used the helix polygon and just "dumped" on it like you see on mudbox capture shown.
3 - Well in mudbox I try to retopo, and it wont do it, because of this message. And you can see the red mess shown..
4 - In Maya, I use the "Cleanup" tool...but...it doesnt work as I dont really know which settings to use.

So questions:
1) What do I need to do when I want to use other primitives such as Helix to be able to work in mudbox?
2) When I combine (in this case the helix with the base model) what is the correct procedure?(because obviously I grossly put them together expecting Maya to fix it on its own)what is the correct procedure to "combine" and "merge" (any tutorial suggested?)
3) In this case what can I do to fix it? because I dont really know which faces to delete..
AGAIN, I AM VERY APPRECIATED FOR ANY HELP!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
# 2 21-08-2014 , 11:46 PM
can't help with mudbox but it's pretty easy to model a unified screw in maya

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 27-08-2014 , 03:48 PM
get a cylinder, add a continous loop around like on the picture below
user added image

set the pivot (insert, hold v and move) at the top vertexes (making sure you have scaled them all in the Y before this, so that they are straight). duplicate one, hold v so they connect properly like the image below, then combine all the objects and merge all vertexes with about 0.0010-0.0001 threshhold (so no other vertexes get merged basicly)
user added image

Select the straight loops (that used to be the end/beginning), then select similar and ctrl+delete the edges
user added image

Use the insert polygon tool twice and select the middle faces-loop and extrude them. if you want that triangle look on the tip you can always ctrl + rightclick and do to vertexes, and merge (by finding the proper threshhold)
user added image

hope that helped you out buddy, if i wasnt too late for you to find a sulotion user added image
this works in mudbox by the way

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^

Last edited by Skalman; 27-08-2014 at 03:51 PM.
# 4 27-08-2014 , 05:51 PM
The thin red line
Another way would be to use a shape to extrude see pics..................dave

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 27-08-2014 at 05:55 PM.
# 5 14-11-2014 , 05:18 PM
good man !!!