Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-02-2004 , 10:16 PM

poly head

this is a head I start modeling in lightwave this week and now I am going to finish it on maya and putting the final details. If you guys can tell me what you think about the head it will be of great help. I think the mouth looks kind of weird from de side. I attach images with the low poly model and the smooth one. I used the smooth proxy to smooth the head. And one other thing, if someone can tell me how can i know the poly count of my head.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-02-2004 , 10:35 PM
Your missing an ear, and the mouth looks a little small, and the head looks like it bulbs in the back of it too much. But i say you have most of the proportions right which is a good step.

for poly count goto Display>Heads up display>Poly count. Good luck.

# 3 06-02-2004 , 12:43 AM
Subscriber
The eyes look to big. Good ruf shape for the low poly count though. You could luse one or 2 of thoughs edges under the eye's on the cheak bones and put them polys around the end of the nose to add definition there.

# 4 06-02-2004 , 12:52 AM
Kevin
good start, are you using references?

some things seem a little out... might be me but eyes dont seem right compared to forehead.. maybe tis cos I have had a few beers though user added image

thx for posting your work though kazama

# 5 06-02-2004 , 02:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, need to add some more details, such as nostrils, folds of the eyelid, etc. Good reference can't be beat!

# 6 06-02-2004 , 03:01 AM
Simply Maya OG
She looks like a alien :p Better than what I can do so....I best not make fun of it. user added image

- Hybrid
# 7 06-02-2004 , 04:32 AM
Subscriber
Maybe these will help with proportions?

Male:
user added image

Female:
user added image