Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-04-2004 , 06:49 PM

View Panes (pains!)

1. There are times when I need to view my object from the bottom or *other side* in the orthographic views. There must be a way to create views for these reasons (without actually ROTATING the object)...

2. In mucking around with the views I have also done something to my side view pane. When Maya loads, it reports that a "suitable camera for side view" was not found, so it creates a default view. But I guess if someone can help with the first question, I can probably fix this problem.

Thanks,
-- Dan

# 2 08-04-2004 , 08:11 PM
I think I know the answer to this one (question 1), let me try:

1.- click "Create>Cameras>Camera options" (the camera options is the little square next to "Camera")

2.- Inside the options click "Edit>Reset Settings".

3.- scroll to the very bottom of that window and check the box that says "Orthographic".

4.- click "Create"

5.- now you should see the borders of a square in the perspective view

6.- pick a panel where you want to display the contents of the camera that you just created and click "Panels>Orthographic>Camera1"

7.- now in that same panel click "View>Select camera"

8.- open the atribute editor and under the tab "camera1" look for "Rotate"; next to that you have 3 text boxes, change the number inside the second one (the y axis) to -90.

9.- now next to "Translate" change the contents of the first box to 20 or 30 or whatever number you want that is bigger than the objects in your scene.

10.- now you have a orthographic camera for the right side, I guess you would want to rename it "Right" or "camera_Right" or something like that. To create a camera for the bottom or for the back just change the values on other axis, like for exame, for the back camera you would rotate 180 and translate -20 on the z axis.

I hope that helps you figure out the 2nd question because I don't understand what you are trying to say.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup: