Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-06-2004 , 08:58 AM

Dual Monitor problem

Hey peeps

I got envious from all the talk about dual display in another forum so I added my Voodoo 2 PCI card to my current IBM netvista PC

now it had a beta driver only to be regarded by the Windows 2000 as a secondary display driver, otherwise it'll be viewed as a normal 3d card

so I got the beta driver, installed the card in a free PCI slot, booted the machine, installed the driver all is well, no conflicts, windows see it and handles it as a secondary display card and all, and I can extend the desktop on it, only roblem is the monitor doesn't get any data feed from the voodoo 2 card, it's as if it's only plugged in the power with no signal at all

so any suggestions, did any of you guys face a similar problem???

thanks in advance

look into my avatar, and when you feel sleepy start sending me money

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 2 10-06-2004 , 04:19 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, the Voodoo 2 was strictly an add-on card. I seem to remember having to use a loop back cable from my V2 card to my TNT 1 card. That is probably why you're not getting any video signal. Ohhh hardware nostalgia user added image

# 3 10-06-2004 , 09:32 PM
I have lots of problems with my duals.. but not samehardware. and different problems.

# 4 11-06-2004 , 01:08 PM
Thanks for your replies guys

Cookieman what you say is true in the case of using it as a 3D accelrator card, but you can also use it as a secondary display card too, but only with a beta version of it's driver, it's a shame they stopped making the voodoo series, IMO they were the best, I never saw better anti aliasing in my life

Twisteddragon what H/W do you have and what problems do you face?

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.