Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-08-2004 , 05:12 PM

Soccer Ball

Here is an image of a soccer/football (whatever your preference is) for my buddy who runs footymania. I will continue to improve upon the seen so that it fits his Ideal.

Attached Thumbnails

Improve
# 2 28-08-2004 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
Looks cool, although there is too much green glow at the bottom of the football.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 28-08-2004 , 06:54 PM
I saw that when after I posted it. I didn't use mental Ray, so to simulate the bouncing light I put a green area light under the bottom.

I can't get paint effects to show in MR. Do I need to convert them to poly's first?

Thanks for the comment Rubber Chicken.

Improve
# 4 29-08-2004 , 02:38 AM
Where's the shadow of the ball ? user added image , the scene looks kinda flat, the ball seems to float...

# 5 29-08-2004 , 07:03 PM
The grass is paint Effects so it is post process and cancels out the shadows on the ground.

Improve