Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 07-10-2004 , 05:04 PM
The Maya Mountain
Frankly, they look like photos that have been manipulated in photoshop. If that's not the case, that's fine, take it as a compliment. It really doesn't matter too much, as the final entry has to be 3D.

Looking forward to it. user added image

# 32 07-10-2004 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID
How did you do them?

Pen and ink mostly. Some of it with "Q-tips", tooth / water-colour brushes. It is very easy, I feel the paper until I find the feeling in it. Then, start subtracting the light, layering shades of color and shadow until it feels right. Usually, I do the main feature then add the background around it. I sketch all over the pad for personal work, very seldom with a rough sketch, most times I just start where ever I am drawn. With commissioned / professional work, I've learned to sketch it out first. Takwish's appearance is from chilling memory. That one, just jumped onto the paper.

Thank you LauriePriest, Tim Livid, Pony for your most kind words.

t3logy

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 33 07-10-2004 , 05:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Frankly, they look like photos that have been manipulated in photoshop. If that's not the case, that's fine, take it as a compliment. It really doesn't matter too much, as the final entry has to be 3D.

Looking forward to it. user added image

As intended, I am offended!

I withdraw.

t3logy

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.

Last edited by t3logy; 07-10-2004 at 06:52 PM.
# 34 07-10-2004 , 09:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
Oooookay. Cya later.

EDIT:
Oh, and by the way, no offending was intending... uh... intended.

user added image

# 35 07-10-2004 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
You sound rather well spoken and well educated t3logy, if I may say so?

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 36 07-10-2004 , 09:41 PM
lol, touchey are we. He has a point. congrats if it was pure work....
but it looked like it COULD have been a 'tracing' of a digital image if you know what i mean....

dont take it too personally if it wasnt but you can see why hes saying that cant you :S?

FX supervisor - double negative
# 37 07-10-2004 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
since the advent of digital medium, especaly in 2d and 3d, there is a growing trend to have to prove some work. It is more a complement than anything. At some point, eather hear or I belive it was on IRC you mentioned the young crowed with 3d. Well some people just can not live with out trying to steel work or cheat there way around it. With the computer this is eazy. This has lead to sometimes having put up with questions about the works authentisity. It is acualy a right of pasige in 3d. If your questioned about rather that is really 3d or a photo, even in 2d. Then your work is so good they can not belive there eyes. Realisom in both 2d and 3d is not easy at all to acheave, cupled with how eazy it is to cheat, one could see where the cg art industry has more a additude that being asked if it really is real or not is more a complement than any.

Looking forward I hope to seeing you more in IRC. I can only hope some day to be asked to show that my 2d or 3d works are real one day.

# 38 07-10-2004 , 10:06 PM
what can i say ...

(i must realy concentrate right now to use my best english trying not to say the things wrong)

hey t3, in real life, i mean when you get involved with peeples who can take advantage of what you do, and then you back up, they'll eat you, you have to stand up, not to withdraw!

also in my opinion, moderators should encourage positive and constructive discussion. thats why all the others are here... i know i am.

i really love simply maya becuase of the nice and relax mood here.
it maybe does not show but i have learned alot the past months b cause of sm.

whatever ...
what i wanted to say : love and peace

hugs,

luke

ps: what the frog?

# 39 15-10-2004 , 01:49 AM
wwwwwwhhhooooooosssssshhhhhh! The wind whistling thru the empty post! Que the tumbleweeds!
Where are you t3logy?

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 40 15-10-2004 , 07:54 AM
Subscriber

I can only hope some day to be asked to show that my 2d or 3d works are real one day.

me to Ponyuser added image

Soory to see u go t3logy.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk