Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-10-2004 , 10:38 PM

Pumpkin Worries...!!!

I need help modeling a pumpkin. Lol...sounds ridiculous but I'm a noob the pumpkin is the root of my project sooooo....can someone help. What should I model the pumpkin in..
*Nurbs
*Polygons

OMG I need help....

# 2 04-10-2004 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
I've reciently made this.

It started as a Poly Cylinder with the verts scaled down. Then I split the Faces where I wanted the mouth and eyes. Extruded then back to make a gouge.

Then split the faces along the ridges and moved the edges back to make the ridges.

If you need me to go over anything in detial then just say.

Attached Thumbnails

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 3 05-10-2004 , 12:36 AM
awesome....I am a complete noob but I will give it a shot....if you want to, you could explain in detail as to how you created the ridges around the pumpkin.....

# 4 05-10-2004 , 07:14 AM
Subscriber
I got to the stage (as you can see below) but selecting every other coloum of faces and extruding them. Make sure you have keep faces together option turned on (see pic). Then I did the same to the other coloums. This creates a smal ridge that will look pretty good when smoothed

Attached Thumbnails

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 5 12-10-2004 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber