Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-12-2004 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber

Maya F1 help not working

A quick question, each time I press F1 or go to Help -> Maya Help..., maya simply loads up my internet browser and tries to load this url - https://localhost:4446/Maya6.0/en_US/index.html. At which point everything comes to a halt since I'm certainly not running a web server on that port, and I'm greeted by a lovely "could not connect to remote server" error box

Does anyone know where Maya keeps its help files after a normal install, are they in a format I can do anything with - pdf/html or something?

Cheers

# 2 28-12-2004 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
hi, they help files should be around the same address as this. Most of it compressed files, so its a bit of a pain, but its all there.

C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya5.0\docs\Documents\Maya5. 0\en_US

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 28-12-2004 , 06:13 PM
Also, you can try launching the help server through youtr start menu>Programs>Alias>Maya6>View Maya Docs

# 4 28-12-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Managed to get it working in the end.

Seems like I had disabled the Alias Documentation service (inside services.msc)

Loaded it up and everything worked first time.

Cheers for the pointers guys

# 5 29-12-2004 , 04:42 AM
Maybe It's the HTTP Proxy caused that problemy the F1 couldn't work.Because the Maya help is a local server.

several weeks ago this problem puzzled me too.Then I found that the HTTP Proxy makes troble.

Without Maya,I can do nothing!!