Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 241 08-01-2004 , 01:48 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yea, Vec just said what I was going to say. All we need is time. No due date, as to we have lifes outside of Maya and our computers. Its also nice to take a break from things for a few days. Once school calms down abit for me (exams are comming up in a week or two) and Im getting less and less time at work (which is good, because where I work...I need some time off). Plus, I gotta spend time w/my girl, but she dosent mind me working in Maya when shes at my house and all, so its all kool (she understands my 'passion' for 3D, so she dosent mind it). So just give me about a week or two, and Ill be back in full action. Like Vec said, we've got some talented people working on this project, so its gonna be killer. Just you wait and see. I PROMISE you that. user added image

- Hybrid
# 242 08-01-2004 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
wOOt

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 243 09-01-2004 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber
Hi..very nice car ,...i just noticed something though on the rear quarter pic u posted....if you look at the central side pillar it doesnt seem to be curved...kinda straight and leaning over instead. Looking at the real car pic u sent in i see theres a distinct curve on it...hope that helps some..great model.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 244 12-01-2004 , 11:57 AM
hey Forum_snowboarder33 what kind of car is that? it looks like a hatch back or something. when you posted the very first picture of it i thought it was a honda civic but in the 2nd pic the front looked way to flat to be one. fill me in user added image

# 245 12-01-2004 , 01:48 PM
Simply Maya OG
Im not forum..but I can fill you in on what I know. Its a Honda Civic Hatchback, but Im not sure what year it is. He got a new car after someone ran into him, and wrecked his other car.

- Hybrid
# 246 13-01-2004 , 07:35 AM
its a 93 honda civic si with a front body kit - thats why it doesn't look stock user added image
lots of crap done to it : )

Engine Modifications:

Short Ram Intake
DC Sports 4-1 Headers
DC sports Cat-back Exhast (silenced)

Suspension Modifications:

Neuspeed upper and lower tie bars
Front and Rear skunk2 sway bar
lowering springs
KYB AGX 4 way adujstable struts

Externior Modifications:

Shark eyes projector headlights with PIAA Blubs
PIAA wiper blades
16" Momo Arrow Rims
Toyo Tires(soon to be yoko parada spec 2's)
Wings West Big mouth front bumper with Mesh
Sidemarkers

Interior Modifications:

Momo Race Wheel
Momo F1 Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Momo Race Petals
LED scanner lights on each doorsil for alarm system
Momo Shoulder Pads for Rear
Powered By honda Shoulder pads for front
Indiglo gauges

In Car Entertainment:

Panasonic Headunit
Alpine Type R Speakers all the way around
Custom built 3 12in sub box in trunk(may be replaced with 2 12in subs in a 4th order bandpass box)

and.. the turbo and new motor are coming soon.. mwahahah

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF

Last edited by Forum_snowboarder33; 13-01-2004 at 07:38 AM.
# 247 13-01-2004 , 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
GO look at the begining of this thread, we decided that this would take along time. I'm actually surprised that we still have momentum at this point, and in fact the enviroment is really gonna pic up real soon as soon as i get to boston, (once the snow melts) with my Digicam and take some concepts. We WILL finish this project, these guys working with me are talented, my age, and good people. I thank them and respect them, and i feed off of their talent and dedication. This will be sick, once we finish it, and we WILL figure it out.

<-edit-Teenager translation "sick": "WICKED AWESOME"-end translation->

Very long time... And i agree many are talented. But no need for the teenage translation. Im proly pretty close to your age. im a ripe old 18user added image

I think im finally getting good enough i might be able to do some minor background stuff... Iss there a list of things that need to be done.. peopel can checkoff on them?

# 248 13-01-2004 , 01:49 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yea, that might be a good idea Twisted. Make a check list of what needs to be done. That would be on Vec tho, cause he's in charge of the environment. Right now, me and forum are just modeling the cars. So, we'll just have-ta talk w/Vec. See whats up. user added image

PS: I HATE snow!

- Hybrid
# 249 14-01-2004 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber
I was talking about all the old farts around this board. Ehem just kidding guys.
What i need is any objects that you would find around a city, if you think of something, or have anything in you're model library, then email me mrcoolbp@phreaker.net and i'll tell you if i have one. But like i said previously, when it warms up a bit, i''ll walk around boston with my digicam and take some pics, and then go back later for some textures. It'll a be a little few weeks, but after i get the pics taken, i'll have enough reference to model a whole lot more.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 14-01-2004 at 10:51 PM.
# 250 09-02-2005 , 10:31 PM
bump for an old thread i was looking at.. lol
maybe stur up the other guys user added image

# 251 09-02-2005 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
Aright well it worked. GOOD news and BAD news guys

GOOD NEWS:
I now have a KILLER SYSTEM!
P4 Prescott 2.8ghz --running at-->3.0ghz
1 gb (soon to be 2gb) DDR400mhz
SATA 80gb Drive
Crappy onboard gfx soon to be some midrange PCIx16 card

I love it and it runs maya slightly better than my old 533mhz

BAD NEWS:
My Digital camera broke, ontop of the fact that I was too busy to make it out to Boston to take some pictures for texturing.

Seriously I am actually still interested in doing this project now that I have a realistic system to start it on. Any thoughts guys?

# 252 09-02-2005 , 11:55 PM
i got a new system.. however i lost all my 3d stuff when my HD died.. : (

i have a
dual 2.0ghz g5 (64bit)
1.5gb of ram
Sata 160gb HD
Sata 80gb Hd
Ati radeon 9600 pro
and a killer sound system hood up to it user added image

so i need to get maya installed again :S

# 253 15-02-2005 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
oh man thats rough. You know this project may be dead, maybe we should start a new one? I don't know at this point. I'm down for whatever, all I know is you're Cars ROCK

# 254 15-02-2005 , 09:11 PM
maya is installed again.. but its been a while since i have done this... i was/ am gonna be building up a s15 drift car as a 3d model user added image

# 255 16-02-2005 , 11:48 AM
Subscriber
Didn't expect to see this open again. You know I'd love to see this project finished one day.

Look at the space between posts though. Jan 2004 straight to Feb 2005. All the way back to June 2003.

Last edited by ckyuk; 16-02-2005 at 11:50 AM.