Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 09-10-2003 , 02:41 PM
I must say again....

Very impresive work, The lara is like a sculpture, perfect!
Again a tutorial will be nice to have but with the wireframe it will give us reference of how the poly's are layout...like micke said...

Again Excelent work hope to see more of it....

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 47 09-10-2003 , 04:15 PM
ahhhh!!! YOU my friend are inspiring the living shit out of me...i am going to buy a good supply of coffee now!!!

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 48 10-10-2003 , 05:26 AM
Poly count?

Nope. For what? This model not for game.

comon, I'm intrested. ok how long for a render (with lights)
used a smooth?

you get into texturing & character animation or more modelling?

Texturing ... yeah

I wish I could enjoy texturing, I really suck at colours, gimie a default Lambert
any day. nice bump on tha dragon.

but i was little surprised ... Do you mean that my models are perfect? I don't think so ...

depends on what you want to do with it. you can get away with a terrible mesh if it's going to be a still shot, or a distance shot.

how long you been using Max?

I also started on Max, then learned Maya, now they got me teaching Lightwave & Max, I miss Maya. too much fun. :{

xian

# 49 10-10-2003 , 10:55 AM
what? lol

# 50 10-10-2003 , 02:58 PM
Damn, very nice work indeed, wish I was this good user added image
But only been in 3d modelling for about 4 months now, so guess it will take me a while.

greetz 4ng3l

# 51 10-10-2003 , 07:15 PM
I just have to ask, How long have you been doing this?
This is very nice work.
I'm still just a beginer, but working hard.

# 52 10-10-2003 , 09:05 PM

but i was little surprised ... Do you mean that my models are perfect? I don't think so ...

I think what every one is telling you Pal, is that you are very talented. I also think so.
This community consists of a wide range of skill level for Maya. Allot of us are still pretty new to it(Especially Me. He, He). Seeing you work is very inspiring and is making some us realize our own potential.

I can honestly say that your work is truly awesome!!!!
Keep up the great work and I would love to continually see more of your work.

user added image
Tony.

# 53 10-10-2003 , 09:54 PM
this rocks!, keep up the great work!

# 54 11-10-2003 , 08:13 AM
comon, I'm intrested. ok how long for a render (with lights)
used a smooth?

For example, the short movie which i made. Each frame took 5 minutes for rendering (1650 frames without title). It's terrible for me user added image but anyway, i was patient and you can see it now user added image

depends on what you want to do with it. you can get away with a terrible mesh if it's going to be a still shot, or a distance shot.

The majority of my models have a skeleton and animation. Something good, something bad, but majority.

how long you been using Max?

user added image i don't remember ... maybe 2 years, i think ...

For everybody, thank you again user added image

The news user added image I finished my home page, if you have a time, welcome. Here it is https://home.balticom.lv/pal/index.html

# 55 12-10-2003 , 12:08 PM
love the scot campbell´s style... is that abbey on the blueprint? good work man... thats one of the cleanest topology bodys ive seen and looks sweet for animating cool ´n fast... make the tutorial on edgelooping for subd´s and modeling with your mind on animation right now!user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 12-10-2003 at 12:11 PM.
# 56 25-03-2005 , 09:02 PM
user added image just for fun

sss MR 18 sek.

Attached Images

# 57 25-03-2005 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
Terre Pal. Wow this is amazing work. Keep posting user added image

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 58 26-03-2005 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber
wow, reviving a year old thread, but definitely worth it. Now, about the website. Great stuff on there, but is there anything newer than 2003?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 59 26-03-2005 , 12:50 AM
Wow. Great work. Definately worth the revive. It's simply fantastic.user added image

# 60 26-03-2005 , 05:35 PM

Originally posted by mhcannon
Great stuff on there, but is there anything newer than 2003?

I'm planning to make new design of my page, but of course i'm lazy user added image anyway, i have minimum 4 years for that, because have not permission to show all my last works. And i have not too much time for own work, but i thinking about that all the time user added image

Thanks for your comments!

This is our demoreel for SG2004, have fun. This is not only my work, of course. https://www.fdice.com/sg2004/

Last edited by pal; 26-03-2005 at 05:37 PM.