Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 24-03-2005 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
Very nice model, but the mesh could be thinned down a bit, and you already commented on the edge loops (I have trouble with this too). The ear though, is outstanding. one of the best I've seen here. Other than the mesh, the only area I can see that may need some tweaking is in the eye. The upper lid seems farther out than the lower, which doesn't seem quite right as the lay on the sphere of the eyeball.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 32 25-03-2005 , 12:35 AM
thx for pointing on that. First I thought there's nothing wrong with the eyelid, but then I realized that this womans eyes from the reference pic looked down - so the lower lid followed by moving backward.

- remodeled the lid and the nose, also the part where eye and nose connect plus shaped her cheeks. big difference which made the head more realistic to me was to fatten it. in the screenshot before the head was much too thin.

even though - the eyes look very odd to me, like from a cartoon elf, but I could not tell what´s wrong. maybe it´s too late and time for sleep.

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 26-03-2005 , 09:08 AM
tweaked the face to a more feminine appearance plus fixed the eye area.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Falott; 26-03-2005 at 09:21 AM.
# 34 28-03-2005 , 01:34 PM
modeled the nails and worked on the knuckles, but can´t get rid of the furrow on the top side of the fingers, but anyway. the longer it takes me to model her, the more I wish I had started with a concept of - How to build up a clean mesh. Especially the point where hi-res and low-res areas in the mesh meet the suface shows up grooves and bumps. I hope it will be possible to animate her later, without remodeling the whole thing.

Attached Thumbnails
# 35 29-03-2005 , 10:20 AM
first I slimmed the foot with a lattice - the positioning was with -> center around selection. but I too need to have control over a few specific parts of the object. Is it possible to bind a lattice manually to an object or to a part of an object? because I need to move/deform the toes one by one.

gratefull to anybody who knows!

Attached Images
# 36 29-03-2005 , 11:04 AM

lattice

in the hypergraph there is this connection after crating the lattice:

ffd1LatticeShape -> ffd1 -> polyToSubdShape

for trimming the lattice to the toeshape without influencing the mesh itself I need to disconnect the ffd1 from polyToSubdShape so I have this conection wich is no problem at all:

ffd1LatticeShape -> ffd1 _disconnected_ polyToSubdShape

but how for gods sake do I reconect the lattice to the polyToSubdShape?? or is that only possible by opening the connection editor and assigning everything by hand?

please help!